Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Blogfest - I Got U, Sharon Mayhew

WELCOME TO: The Writer's Ally aka Sheri Larsen's
I Got U Blogfest!


And the "Star of the Show" here at Book Dreaming today is:

Sharon Mayhew of Random Thoughts

The point of today's blogfest is to show some love to a fellow blogger.


I chose someone VERY special
to me,
yet under-appreciated
by me.


Sharon was my very first follower.

That's right.
Look at the follower gadget. It says 480.
But Sharon was my 1st, non-family, somehow found-me-and-liked-what-she-saw-enough-to-click-follow follower. And I will forever love her for that.

She validated me and gave me hope and a reason to keep blogging. And I will forever love her for that.

She was the first to tell me she liked the idea of my story and that I should keep going. And I will forever love her for that.

So why is she under-appreciated, you say? Because I don't visit her nearly enough. She blogs more in the evening. I blog more throughout the day. That means she doesn't pop up on my sidebar when I'm online. So...I forget to visit her too often.

Yet she forgives me. And I will forever love her for that.

So today is Sharon Mayhew Day!!

Take a moment and help me show her some love by
following her blog


Thank you, Sharon!
I Got U!

Click here and go visit more blogfest entries

29 comments:

Jessica Bell said...

What a lovely blog post! I think SHE is going to LOVE YOU for THIS! ;o)

Candyland said...

Awwww I love Sharon (and you!)!

S.A. Larsenッ said...

I love this. Nice job spreading the love, S.

Jennifer Shirk said...

That is so sweet! What a great blog fest. :)

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

OMGoodness, Shannon! I'm in tears! You are so sweet! I'm so glad I "blog met" you...You have a great heart and a lovely voice! I love (and am in awe of) how you are all over the web encouraging bloggers in all aspects of their lives. You are a rockstar, my friend! Thank you for being so sweet!

Theresa Milstein said...

Happy Sharon Mayhew Day! She wasn't my first follower, but she's definitely worth celebrating.

Tamika: said...

I love both of your blogs! Happy Sharon Mayhew Day:)

Kelly Polark said...

What a wonderful idea for a blog fest!
And Sharon is a sweetheart!

Jonathon Arntson said...

That's so cool!

DL Hammons said...

You both are like peas and carrots (borrowed that from Forest Gump). Sharon is always so supportive and goes above and beyond whenever your in need. She also offers both useful writing advice and insightful social commentary. I treasure my link to her....and to you!

Jenna Wallace said...

THIS is why I keep blogging. How wonderful of you to support your fellow bloggers like this!

Danyelle L. said...

Awesome post! I love this idea!

PK HREZO said...

Awesome! Glad I found your blog and now I'm moving on to Sharon's! :)

Carolyn V. said...

Yay! Way to go Sharon! You are so sweet Shannon. =)

Carolyn Abiad said...

Going to check out Sharon's blog. :)

Susan R. Mills said...

Great post! There is something so special about that first follower.

Jennie Englund said...

This is amazing!

Sharon is an incredible Cyber Girl!

You're lovely, Shannon.

Robyn Campbell said...

I love this post. You are the best writerly, blogging pal anyone could ever, ever have. WE ALL LOVE YA CHICA. :)I'll pop over right now.

Robyn Campbell said...

Oops, I forgot to say, "Happy Sharon Mayhew Day.

Robyn Campbell said...

And I forgot to close my dialogue. SHEESH. This is NOT my day. I'm stuck defrosting the freezer. UGH

Summer Ross said...

She is great, I'm already a follower, she was a great pick!

Jemi Fraser said...

Sharon is fantastic! She's a total sweetie - just like you :)

Beth Fred said...

Thanks for checking out my blog and I love Sharon too!

Vicki Rocho said...

I agree. Sharon is awesome!

Charmaine Clancy said...

Congrats Sharon. Heading over to visit your blog now
:-)

Jen said...

What a wonderful post! It's so easy to let our friends (online and otherwise) slip through those cracks of busy life. I know she adored this post! I'm going to check out her blog right now :)

Cheers!
Jen

Carolyn V. said...

Aw! That is so sweet! You both are awesome.

I think a strong character is so important. Harry Potter is a great example. =)

Liz @ Cleverly Inked said...

Love this. So sweet

TerryLynnJohnson said...

What a fantastic and sweet idea! You are so amazing!

And of course, I LOVE SHARON too! She is so supportive of other writers. I'm jumping on the train to Sharon Mayhew Day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...